13 March 2024

Swashbuckling Thought of the Day 2024-03-13

This is more of a status report on upcoming television reviews than a swashbuckling thought, but "Status Report" seemed a bit too ostentatious to put in the title. So, here's the status report.

I have watched about two-thirds of the second season of Disney's Zorro from the 1950s, and after a few episodes of Cesar Romero chaos, it seems to have regained its composure. I've reduced the frequency of my viewing to about one episode per week, though, so I probably won't post a review until early summer.

I have watched half of the first season of the new Zorro in Spanish, which I had eagerly anticipated, but its execution has left me less enthusiastic. I am rarely in a mood to watch it now. It feels more like a chore. I have no idea when I will feel motivated to finish it and review it.

All but one of my old swashbuckling reviews from Cuparius.com have now been posted in Theoretical Swashbuckling. The exception is my review of the 2001 British made-for-television movie, Princess of Thieves (starring Keira Knightley). Honestly, I don't think it qualifies as an actual review, and I have decided not to post a review until I have watched it again. It may have disappointed me at the time, but I wish to be fair in my assessment of it. First, however, I need to find a way to re-watch it. [Edit: I found it on YouTube here. My review of it is here.]

Other than that, I shall continue to post new reviews of swashbuckling movies and television shows (new and old) as Fortune permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment